I Can See Clearly Now

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Faith Pleases God

Hebrews 11:13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance.

I was stirred by Hebrews 11 recently, and especially verse 13. It says here that many of the people who walked by faith, never saw the total fulfillment of what they were believing God for in their lifetime.

As the Holy Spirit was ministering this scripture to me, I felt the Lord tell me not to worry so much about specific goals that I am believing His word for, but no matter what the circumstances I find myself in, to always have an attitude of faith and trust in Him.

Sometimes when we are believing God's word for something specific, that can be all we see. We're believing for healing in our bodies, financial breakthrough or the salvation of a loved one. Nothing wrong with that. We're believing God for revival and to be used in the gifts of the Spirit. Awesome..! But regardless of those specific faith goals we have, we are to have a faith attitude towards God no matter if we ever see these things in manifestation in our lifetime. What really pleases God, I believe, is that I have faith in Him.

So where are you today? Are you living in disappointment over something that never came to pass..? I want to encourage you. According to Hebrews 11:13, many righteous men and women never saw the total fulfillment of what they were believing for in their lifetime either. Yet they still believed God and walked through their lives believing. Our faith is bigger than this lifetime. Don't get snared over past disappointments. It's time again to rise up in faith and trust the Lord who is leading you through this life. What pleases God is your faith and trust in Him. Don't let anything throw you off track. Have faith in God..!

2 Comments:

  • Good Post Todd - and welcome back to the blogosphere!

    By Blogger Gavin White, at 2:47 PM  

  • Hey Todd!
    Great post and thoughts! How come you haven't posted in such a long time?

    I came across this and wanted to try to contact you. I haven't been able to find an email address for you.

    Let me know if you get this :)

    Your cousin ... Chris.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home